Thank You Thank You Thank You! We cannot give enough thanks to everyone who made our PK Move Kick Off Party a success. (Click here to see the photographic evidence that good times were had!) We will let you know the final amount as soon as it’s tallied, but we believe we have raised enough to cover our insurance costs! Thank you to everyone who came or donated to support our mission of sharing the transformative power of parkour with special populations right here in Alexandria. We are especially grateful to our generous sponsors and donors:
- St. Elmo’s Coffee Pub
- Delaney Hall Band
- Center of the Universe Brewery
- Patricius Tokaj Winery
- Altabs Photography
- michael walker graphic design
- Charlie Palmer Steak DC
Also, lots of stuff is happening:
- Tuesday, August 30th, the PK Silver “Hume Springs” class will meet in the Duncan Library at 10am
- Wednesday, August 31st, the PK Silver “Ft Ward” class will meet at Ft. Ward at 10am as usual.
- Thursday, September 1st, 6pm-until it gets dark, PK Move will be back at St. Elmo’s for Del Ray’s First Thursday! We will have a demo, some challenges for you to try, and lots of info to hand out. Please stop by and see us! (I heard St. Elmo’s is going to put some tasty, healthy smoothies on their menu too.)
- In the words of the late, great David Bowie: “Ch-ch-ch-changes!” Beginning in September, the Hume Spring Class is moving to Monday! However, NO CLASS on Labor Day, September 5th. Our first Monday class will be September 12th at 10am and we will return to Hume Springs Park.