We are excited to be back at Casa Chirilagua this fall. Like us, Casa Chirilagua is a 501(c)3. Their mission is to build relational bridges to holistically transform communities. This resonates with PK Move: our mission is to share the transformative power of parkour and building community is one of our core values.
Your generous donations allow us to offer enrichment programs like this one. Why are they important? Afterschool enrichment provides an environment where children can supplement, delve more deeply into or expand what they are learning in school. These programs align with the parent work day, to ensure a safe place for their children to continue to learn and play until they come home.
PK Move is especially dedicated to serving kids who are “underserved” in opportunities for after school play. Many of the neighborhoods we coach in have no playground and little or no play space. This is what parkour is all about! It’s a new way of looking at your environment to imagine where/how fun challenges can be created. The kids are happy and having fun. And the practice of parkour naturally builds confidence, creativity and community. In addition to that, the kids don’t realize how much they are enhancing brain development when we make them move through an obstacle course backwards! For this group of English Language Learners, we will slip in some ninja language skill enhancements as well. That’s the PK Move difference. High-quality parkour training tailored to the needs of your group.
Below: Coach Tian Fontana leads his group in QM practice and kong vault progressions.
No need to sacrifice sartorial style for parkour philanthropy when you purchase this amazing t-shirt. Click here to order! Currently on “summer sale” for $29.95. Many thanks for your purchase, a portion of which supports our programs!
Individual creativity is a key aspect of parkour. We hope you will pop into St. Elmo’s and check out “GLOW” before its gone at the end of this month. Want an amazing team-building project or art activity for your group? Contact us for your own “GLOW” parkour-light painting photo shoot!
Join us for a special fundraising event on June 9: An Intergenerational Circle and Parkour workshop with Stuntman and Master Movement coach Jesse Danger from NYC’s The Movement Creative! Click here for more information and to register!
Many thanks to all who helped make 2017 a great year for PK Move!
- PK Silver Classes and special events serving over 100 senior citizens : increase strength in body and mind, prevent falls, build community and creativity
- PK School classes for 60 school children: according to studies, learning through or after physical activity increases the students’ ability to process and retain new material, to focus, and to reduces stress. Our classes are specifically designed for your students’ needs by coaches with experience in Education.
- PK Move’s Pop-Up Parkour Playground serving the ENTIRE City of Alexandria (155,000+ people): Free-to-the-Public Parkour and Movement Lessons offered in partnership with Alexandria RPCA! This innovative program was established by the people and for the people!
- PK Survivor: Supporting the National Breast Center Foundation’s “Walk to Bust Cancer” (for 300+) to raise $40,000 for the prevention and treatment of breast cancer in under-insured women. Our intergenerational program for cancer survivors and their families/friends was approved by INOVA Hospital System’s “Life with Cancer” fitness provider list.
- And MORE
Join us as we build on these successes in 2018:
– Register for a class
– Become a PK Move Coach or Sponsor
– Inquire about a demo or class for your group today!
PK Move was thrilled to support the Walk to Bust Cancer again this year! We are excited to report that $40,000 was raised for the prevention and treatment of breast cancer in under-insured women in Alexandria.
In order for us to bring our special brand of ninja magic to such events, we need your support! Please consider purchasing a t-shirt to help fund this and other important programs.