Many thanks to all who helped make 2017 a great year for PK Move!
- PK Silver Classes and special events serving over 100 senior citizens : increase strength in body and mind, prevent falls, build community and creativity
- PK School classes for 60 school children: according to studies, learning through or after physical activity increases the students’ ability to process and retain new material, to focus, and to reduces stress. Our classes are specifically designed for your students’ needs by coaches with experience in Education.
- PK Move’s Pop-Up Parkour Playground serving the ENTIRE City of Alexandria (155,000+ people): Free-to-the-Public Parkour and Movement Lessons offered in partnership with Alexandria RPCA! This innovative program was established by the people and for the people!
- PK Survivor: Supporting the National Breast Center Foundation’s “Walk to Bust Cancer” (for 300+) to raise $40,000 for the prevention and treatment of breast cancer in under-insured women. Our intergenerational program for cancer survivors and their families/friends was approved by INOVA Hospital System’s “Life with Cancer” fitness provider list.
- And MORE
Join us as we build on these successes in 2018:
– Register for a class
– Become a PK Move Coach or Sponsor
– Inquire about a demo or class for your group today!
PK Move was thrilled to support the Walk to Bust Cancer again this year! We are excited to report that $40,000 was raised for the prevention and treatment of breast cancer in under-insured women in Alexandria.
In order for us to bring our special brand of ninja magic to such events, we need your support! Please consider purchasing a t-shirt to help fund this and other important programs.
Come see us this Saturday, June 24th at Well Ray! PK Move will have a display table from 9am – 1pm with information about our parkour programs for special populations, as well an obstacle course from 11-11:30am (in the Well Ray Lot, behind the Union Bank at 2401 Mt. Vernon Avenue.) We’ll also have a raffle featuring many items donated by local wellness business, therapists, and fitness studios.
MANY THANKS to EVERYONE who helped PK Move reach our goal for the Community Matching Fund! We are excited to partner with Recreation, Parks & Cultural Activities, City of Alexandria, VA on the PK Move Pop-Up Playground Project. We will be offering FREE-to-the-public parkour lessons and opportunities for people of ALL ages and abilities to PLAY!!
We would like to give a special shout out to Cafe Pizzaiolo, St. Elmo’s Coffee Pub The Movement Creative, American Parkour, Monarca in Flight, Know Obstacles, and all our friends, family, and the PK Move traceurs who supported us. We could NOT have done this without you !
First, many thanks to all who have made financial contributions to PK Move’s Pop-Up Playground! We are thrilled to say we are very close to reaching our goal of $5000 for the Community Matching Fund Grant! We must close this deal in just two more weeks, so we are reaching out one more time for your support!
That’s right, only $960 needed! SO CLOSE!!
How can you help?
1. Make a direct tax-deductible donation using credit card or PayPal.
2. Write a tax-deductible check to PK Move and send it to PK Move, 805 N. Overlook Dr., Alexandria, VA 22305
3. Come by St. Elmo’s on June 1st between 6 – 8pm for Del Ray’s Wellness First Thursday! We will have an obstacle course and raffle available with GREAT prizes from our amazing wellness community, including Ease Yoga Café and Truly-Life.
4. Purchase a $30 Pop-Up t-shirt from us! Featuring the art work of Ivan Alkhovskiy, these shirts are hip and show your commitment to accessible play structures and movement education for all!
Please call contact us directly at info@pkmove,org or 703-216-0051 if you need more info!
Many thanks to our generous sponsor, St. Elmo’s Coffee Pub, for their support of PK Move and especially the Pop-Up. We will be outside St. Elmo’s on June 2nd for Health and Wellness First Thursday! Please stop by and try the mini obstacle course challenge and learn more about our programs.