Many thanks to all who helped make 2017 a great year for PK Move!
- PK Silver Classes and special events serving over 100 senior citizens : increase strength in body and mind, prevent falls, build community and creativity
- PK School classes for 60 school children: according to studies, learning through or after physical activity increases the students’ ability to process and retain new material, to focus, and to reduces stress. Our classes are specifically designed for your students’ needs by coaches with experience in Education.
- PK Move’s Pop-Up Parkour Playground serving the ENTIRE City of Alexandria (155,000+ people): Free-to-the-Public Parkour and Movement Lessons offered in partnership with Alexandria RPCA! This innovative program was established by the people and for the people!
- PK Survivor: Supporting the National Breast Center Foundation’s “Walk to Bust Cancer” (for 300+) to raise $40,000 for the prevention and treatment of breast cancer in under-insured women. Our intergenerational program for cancer survivors and their families/friends was approved by INOVA Hospital System’s “Life with Cancer” fitness provider list.
- And MORE
Join us as we build on these successes in 2018:
– Register for a class
– Become a PK Move Coach or Sponsor
– Inquire about a demo or class for your group today!
PK Move was thrilled to support the Walk to Bust Cancer again this year! We are excited to report that $40,000 was raised for the prevention and treatment of breast cancer in under-insured women in Alexandria.
In order for us to bring our special brand of ninja magic to such events, we need your support! Please consider purchasing a t-shirt to help fund this and other important programs.
Come see us this Saturday, June 24th at Well Ray! PK Move will have a display table from 9am – 1pm with information about our parkour programs for special populations, as well an obstacle course from 11-11:30am (in the Well Ray Lot, behind the Union Bank at 2401 Mt. Vernon Avenue.) We’ll also have a raffle featuring many items donated by local wellness business, therapists, and fitness studios.
Give yourself or someone you love the gift of health and wellness this holiday season. Register now for our NEW PK Pink class by visiting www.pkmove.org Parkour for the breast cancer survivor, PK Pink is both fun and pragmatic. While training ways to overcome everyday obstacles in this low-impact obstacle course class, participants:
- increase range of motion in effected limbs
- regain physical strength and build endurance
- increase creativity, memory function, and mind-body coordination
- use positive “self talk” and improve body image
- become part of a supportive community
- Reconnect with the natural environment
If your doctor has cleared you to resume recreational fitness activities, celebrate with some fun and practical movement. Participants must have completed their treatment and physical therapy. Partners, friends, and family are also welcome to attend if in company of participating survivor. (This is NOT a child-focused parkour class, however kids 13+ are welcome with survivor/parent participant.) Survivors of gynecological and prostate cancer are also encouraged to enroll.
PK Pink Saturday classes will begin on January 7, 2017, 10-11:15am, at Nativity Lutheran Church, 1300 Collingwood Road, Alexandria, VA 22308. First class free. Drop in $25. Four classes for $80. Best deal: 12 classes for $180. Scholarships may be available, please call or email us for more information: 703-216-0051 or email@example.com. (Note: Minimum enrollment must be met for this class to proceed.)
Many thanks for all who supported the Walk to Bust Cancer on Sunday, October 16th, especially those who visited the PK Move obstacle course, participated in the walk warm-up, or took part in our PK Pink Demo. What a great time for a great cause: the prevention, detection, and treatment of breast cancer in low-income women who live in the Alexandria area. Here is a short video of the obstacle course activity.