Many thanks to all who helped make 2017 a great year for PK Move!
- PK Silver Classes and special events serving over 100 senior citizens : increase strength in body and mind, prevent falls, build community and creativity
- PK School classes for 60 school children: according to studies, learning through or after physical activity increases the students’ ability to process and retain new material, to focus, and to reduces stress. Our classes are specifically designed for your students’ needs by coaches with experience in Education.
- PK Move’s Pop-Up Parkour Playground serving the ENTIRE City of Alexandria (155,000+ people): Free-to-the-Public Parkour and Movement Lessons offered in partnership with Alexandria RPCA! This innovative program was established by the people and for the people!
- PK Survivor: Supporting the National Breast Center Foundation’s “Walk to Bust Cancer” (for 300+) to raise $40,000 for the prevention and treatment of breast cancer in under-insured women. Our intergenerational program for cancer survivors and their families/friends was approved by INOVA Hospital System’s “Life with Cancer” fitness provider list.
- And MORE
Join us as we build on these successes in 2018:
– Register for a class
– Become a PK Move Coach or Sponsor
– Inquire about a demo or class for your group today!
This is moment we’ve all been waiting for… and we wouldn’t be here without your generous support! Please join us for the inaugural Pop-Up Playground event as part of the Twelve Days of Wellness Del Ray! Here is our schedule:
Wednesday, December 13
Charles Houston Recreation Center
We’ll have snacks, prizes, and ninja activities for all ages and ability levels
9:45-10:15 am Welcome & Ribbon Cutting of the Pop-Up Playground
10:15-11:15am PK Silver: Parkour for Adults 50+ FREE
11:15am – noon Pop-Up Playground and other ninja activities FREE
Come see us and check out all the other cool events happening during the 12 Days of Wellness!
MANY THANKS to EVERYONE who helped PK Move reach our goal for the Community Matching Fund! We are excited to partner with Recreation, Parks & Cultural Activities, City of Alexandria, VA on the PK Move Pop-Up Playground Project. We will be offering FREE-to-the-public parkour lessons and opportunities for people of ALL ages and abilities to PLAY!!
We would like to give a special shout out to Cafe Pizzaiolo, St. Elmo’s Coffee Pub The Movement Creative, American Parkour, Monarca in Flight, Know Obstacles, and all our friends, family, and the PK Move traceurs who supported us. We could NOT have done this without you !
First, many thanks to all who have made financial contributions to PK Move’s Pop-Up Playground! We are thrilled to say we are very close to reaching our goal of $5000 for the Community Matching Fund Grant! We must close this deal in just two more weeks, so we are reaching out one more time for your support!
That’s right, only $960 needed! SO CLOSE!!
How can you help?
1. Make a direct tax-deductible donation using credit card or PayPal.
2. Write a tax-deductible check to PK Move and send it to PK Move, 805 N. Overlook Dr., Alexandria, VA 22305
3. Come by St. Elmo’s on June 1st between 6 – 8pm for Del Ray’s Wellness First Thursday! We will have an obstacle course and raffle available with GREAT prizes from our amazing wellness community, including Ease Yoga Café and Truly-Life.
4. Purchase a $30 Pop-Up t-shirt from us! Featuring the art work of Ivan Alkhovskiy, these shirts are hip and show your commitment to accessible play structures and movement education for all!
Please call contact us directly at info@pkmove,org or 703-216-0051 if you need more info!
Many thanks to our generous sponsor, St. Elmo’s Coffee Pub, for their support of PK Move and especially the Pop-Up. We will be outside St. Elmo’s on June 2nd for Health and Wellness First Thursday! Please stop by and try the mini obstacle course challenge and learn more about our programs.
Many thanks to the individuals who donated and the companies who sponsored PK Move’s Pop-Up Playground on April 5th during our Parkour-A-thon. New and returning donors through Spring2Action helped bring us $568 closer to our goal! Added to the contributions received before Spring2Action, we now only $1800 away from the amount needed to make the Pop-up a reality for thousands of Alexandrians! Your donation helps us bring the transformative power of parkour to underserved members of the community.
If you are moved to help us meet our final goal, either as an individual or corporate sponsor we hope you will make a donation to www.pkmove.org
Want to see the Parkour-a-Thon in action? Check us out on NBC4! Thanks again!
It’s that time of year for requests of donations from many worthy charities. Please consider making a donation to PK Move for Spring2Action, Alexandria Virginia’s Day of giving. We are raising $5000 for an RPCA Community Matching Fund Grant to purchase a pop-up parkour playground AND offer three years of free-to-the-public parkour lessons. To help fund the playground project, please donate below. Any amount is greatly appreciated!
But wait there’s more!
To celebrate Spring2Action on April 5th, PK Move is hosting a Parkour-A-Thon from 10am – 2pm. Please join is for one or all of these events, more info and sign up links below:
PK Silver, parkour for people 50+, Hume Springs Park, 10-11am
Ninja Story Time, ages 0 – beginning reader, light stretches and ninja poses before the reading ninja reads some great ninja books. 11:15-noon, Cora Kelly Rec Center
FREE Open House/Demo/Mini-Lessons with Special Guest Jesse Danger! Jesse is a professional stuntman, master parkour coach, and co-founder of NYC’s famous Movement Creative. We will a small pop-up sample playground for you to try and also have door prizes and free cookies (while they last) from the Happy Tart! Noon – 2pm, Cora Kelly Rec Center
Many thanks for your consideration. Email email@example.com if you have any questions!