We are now registering for another session of Marymount’s Study of PK Silver. If you missed the summer classes, it’s your chance! See flyer for details.
Check out the latest 411 on PK Move classes, events, and tips!
You can read our newsletter by clicking HERE
Throughout the time of human existence on this earth, movement, specifically dance, has given communities (and the individuals who form them) a medium of expression and connection between mind, body, and spirit. This “movement connection” allows for exploration, healing, and inspiration to take place.
PK Silver, our parkour class for people 50+, offered a winter class “Light Movement” to generate these opportunities for our participants. Our goal was to use parkour-based movement and conditioning in combination with imagination to explore life and art, ultimately providing a catalyst for renewing resources of physical strength and spiritual inspiration in their daily lives.
Over 50? Sign up for PK Silver today!
Many thanks to all who helped make 2017 a great year for PK Move!
- PK Silver Classes and special events serving over 100 senior citizens : increase strength in body and mind, prevent falls, build community and creativity
- PK School classes for 60 school children: according to studies, learning through or after physical activity increases the students’ ability to process and retain new material, to focus, and to reduces stress. Our classes are specifically designed for your students’ needs by coaches with experience in Education.
- PK Move’s Pop-Up Parkour Playground serving the ENTIRE City of Alexandria (155,000+ people): Free-to-the-Public Parkour and Movement Lessons offered in partnership with Alexandria RPCA! This innovative program was established by the people and for the people!
- PK Survivor: Supporting the National Breast Center Foundation’s “Walk to Bust Cancer” (for 300+) to raise $40,000 for the prevention and treatment of breast cancer in under-insured women. Our intergenerational program for cancer survivors and their families/friends was approved by INOVA Hospital System’s “Life with Cancer” fitness provider list.
- And MORE
Join us as we build on these successes in 2018:
– Register for a class
– Become a PK Move Coach or Sponsor
– Inquire about a demo or class for your group today!
“Falls, with or without injury, also carry a heavy quality of life impact. A growing number of older adults fear falling and, as a result, limit their activities and social engagements. This can result in further physical decline, depression, social isolation, and feelings of helplessness. The most profound effect of falling is the loss of independent living.” (Comfortkeepers.com)
^^^ This is why we do what we do!!! Today we had a wonderful PK Silver class with our friends at the Charles Houston Senior Center. 💖 We are excited to be working with this fun & lively group to build strength and practice balance!
Some of the participant feedback:
- “I loved it! I want to do it again!”
- “I did not know what to expect, but now that I know what it is, I like it and want to do it again.”
- “That was fun!”
- “I didn’t think I could balance [on the precision trainer] but I did it!”
- “Can I go [through the obstacle course] again?”