Many thanks to all who helped make 2017 a great year for PK Move!
- PK Silver Classes and special events serving over 100 senior citizens : increase strength in body and mind, prevent falls, build community and creativity
- PK School classes for 60 school children: according to studies, learning through or after physical activity increases the students’ ability to process and retain new material, to focus, and to reduces stress. Our classes are specifically designed for your students’ needs by coaches with experience in Education.
- PK Move’s Pop-Up Parkour Playground serving the ENTIRE City of Alexandria (155,000+ people): Free-to-the-Public Parkour and Movement Lessons offered in partnership with Alexandria RPCA! This innovative program was established by the people and for the people!
- PK Survivor: Supporting the National Breast Center Foundation’s “Walk to Bust Cancer” (for 300+) to raise $40,000 for the prevention and treatment of breast cancer in under-insured women. Our intergenerational program for cancer survivors and their families/friends was approved by INOVA Hospital System’s “Life with Cancer” fitness provider list.
- And MORE
Join us as we build on these successes in 2018:
– Register for a class
– Become a PK Move Coach or Sponsor
– Inquire about a demo or class for your group today!
This is moment we’ve all been waiting for… and we wouldn’t be here without your generous support! Please join us for the inaugural Pop-Up Playground event as part of the Twelve Days of Wellness Del Ray! Here is our schedule:
Wednesday, December 13
Charles Houston Recreation Center
We’ll have snacks, prizes, and ninja activities for all ages and ability levels
9:45-10:15 am Welcome & Ribbon Cutting of the Pop-Up Playground
10:15-11:15am PK Silver: Parkour for Adults 50+ FREE
11:15am – noon Pop-Up Playground and other ninja activities FREE
Come see us and check out all the other cool events happening during the 12 Days of Wellness!
PK Silver is cancelled today due to rain. (We are looking for a free indoor alternative near Hume Springs Park.) Please join us Wednesday, May 24, 10am-12:15pm, as PKMove will be offering a FREE parkour class/demo at the Senior Health & Fitness Fair at the Lee Center in Alexandria. FREE. This event is for folks 55+.
NOTE: no PK Silver class at Ft. Ward Amphitheater on 5/24. Come to this event instead!
It’s that time of year for requests of donations from many worthy charities. Please consider making a donation to PK Move for Spring2Action, Alexandria Virginia’s Day of giving. We are raising $5000 for an RPCA Community Matching Fund Grant to purchase a pop-up parkour playground AND offer three years of free-to-the-public parkour lessons. To help fund the playground project, please donate below. Any amount is greatly appreciated!
But wait there’s more!
To celebrate Spring2Action on April 5th, PK Move is hosting a Parkour-A-Thon from 10am – 2pm. Please join is for one or all of these events, more info and sign up links below:
PK Silver, parkour for people 50+, Hume Springs Park, 10-11am
Ninja Story Time, ages 0 – beginning reader, light stretches and ninja poses before the reading ninja reads some great ninja books. 11:15-noon, Cora Kelly Rec Center
FREE Open House/Demo/Mini-Lessons with Special Guest Jesse Danger! Jesse is a professional stuntman, master parkour coach, and co-founder of NYC’s famous Movement Creative. We will a small pop-up sample playground for you to try and also have door prizes and free cookies (while they last) from the Happy Tart! Noon – 2pm, Cora Kelly Rec Center
Many thanks for your consideration. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
PRESIDENT TRUMP SIGNS EXECUTIVE ORDER DECLARING EVERYONE CAN DO PARKOUR!
Happy April Fools! But seriously, everyone CAN do parkour, including President Trump! Join us this week, April 5th at one or all of our Parkour-A-Thon “Spring2Action” Events: PK Silver, Ninja Story Time, Open House/Demo/Mini-Lessons!
PK Move, a non-profit organization founded by three women, will hold PK Silver, our adapted parkour class for people over 50, as planned on International Women’s Day (Wednesday, March 8, 10-11am) at Monarca in Flight. If you are a woman 50+ and would like to try parkour, please join us. Wear red for a FREE class!