Many thanks to all who helped make 2017 a great year for PK Move!
- PK Silver Classes and special events serving over 100 senior citizens : increase strength in body and mind, prevent falls, build community and creativity
- PK School classes for 60 school children: according to studies, learning through or after physical activity increases the students’ ability to process and retain new material, to focus, and to reduces stress. Our classes are specifically designed for your students’ needs by coaches with experience in Education.
- PK Move’s Pop-Up Parkour Playground serving the ENTIRE City of Alexandria (155,000+ people): Free-to-the-Public Parkour and Movement Lessons offered in partnership with Alexandria RPCA! This innovative program was established by the people and for the people!
- PK Survivor: Supporting the National Breast Center Foundation’s “Walk to Bust Cancer” (for 300+) to raise $40,000 for the prevention and treatment of breast cancer in under-insured women. Our intergenerational program for cancer survivors and their families/friends was approved by INOVA Hospital System’s “Life with Cancer” fitness provider list.
- And MORE
Join us as we build on these successes in 2018:
– Register for a class
– Become a PK Move Coach or Sponsor
– Inquire about a demo or class for your group today!
PK Move was thrilled to support the Walk to Bust Cancer again this year! We are excited to report that $40,000 was raised for the prevention and treatment of breast cancer in under-insured women in Alexandria.
In order for us to bring our special brand of ninja magic to such events, we need your support! Please consider purchasing a t-shirt to help fund this and other important programs.
First, many thanks to all who have made financial contributions to PK Move’s Pop-Up Playground! We are thrilled to say we are very close to reaching our goal of $5000 for the Community Matching Fund Grant! We must close this deal in just two more weeks, so we are reaching out one more time for your support!
That’s right, only $960 needed! SO CLOSE!!
How can you help?
1. Make a direct tax-deductible donation using credit card or PayPal.
2. Write a tax-deductible check to PK Move and send it to PK Move, 805 N. Overlook Dr., Alexandria, VA 22305
3. Come by St. Elmo’s on June 1st between 6 – 8pm for Del Ray’s Wellness First Thursday! We will have an obstacle course and raffle available with GREAT prizes from our amazing wellness community, including Ease Yoga Café and Truly-Life.
4. Purchase a $30 Pop-Up t-shirt from us! Featuring the art work of Ivan Alkhovskiy, these shirts are hip and show your commitment to accessible play structures and movement education for all!
Please call contact us directly at info@pkmove,org or 703-216-0051 if you need more info!
Many thanks to the individuals who donated and the companies who sponsored PK Move’s Pop-Up Playground on April 5th during our Parkour-A-thon. New and returning donors through Spring2Action helped bring us $568 closer to our goal! Added to the contributions received before Spring2Action, we now only $1800 away from the amount needed to make the Pop-up a reality for thousands of Alexandrians! Your donation helps us bring the transformative power of parkour to underserved members of the community.
If you are moved to help us meet our final goal, either as an individual or corporate sponsor we hope you will make a donation to www.pkmove.org
Want to see the Parkour-a-Thon in action? Check us out on NBC4! Thanks again!
PRESIDENT TRUMP SIGNS EXECUTIVE ORDER DECLARING EVERYONE CAN DO PARKOUR!
Happy April Fools! But seriously, everyone CAN do parkour, including President Trump! Join us this week, April 5th at one or all of our Parkour-A-Thon “Spring2Action” Events: PK Silver, Ninja Story Time, Open House/Demo/Mini-Lessons!
Please join us TOMORROW, Friday, March 31st, 6-9pm at Flight! Present this flyer as you purchase your ticket and 30% of the proceeds will go to the pop up playground! Many thanks!