First, many thanks to all who have made financial contributions to PK Move’s Pop-Up Playground! We are thrilled to say we are very close to reaching our goal of $5000 for the Community Matching Fund Grant! We must close this deal in just two more weeks, so we are reaching out one more time for your support!
That’s right, only $960 needed! SO CLOSE!!
How can you help?
1. Make a direct tax-deductible donation using credit card or PayPal.
2. Write a tax-deductible check to PK Move and send it to PK Move, 805 N. Overlook Dr., Alexandria, VA 22305
3. Come by St. Elmo’s on June 1st between 6 – 8pm for Del Ray’s Wellness First Thursday! We will have an obstacle course and raffle available with GREAT prizes from our amazing wellness community, including Ease Yoga Café and Truly-Life.
4. Purchase a $30 Pop-Up t-shirt from us! Featuring the art work of Ivan Alkhovskiy, these shirts are hip and show your commitment to accessible play structures and movement education for all!
Please call contact us directly at info@pkmove,org or 703-216-0051 if you need more info!
Many thanks to the individuals who donated and the companies who sponsored PK Move’s Pop-Up Playground on April 5th during our Parkour-A-thon. New and returning donors through Spring2Action helped bring us $568 closer to our goal! Added to the contributions received before Spring2Action, we now only $1800 away from the amount needed to make the Pop-up a reality for thousands of Alexandrians! Your donation helps us bring the transformative power of parkour to underserved members of the community.
If you are moved to help us meet our final goal, either as an individual or corporate sponsor we hope you will make a donation to www.pkmove.org
Want to see the Parkour-a-Thon in action? Check us out on NBC4! Thanks again!
PRESIDENT TRUMP SIGNS EXECUTIVE ORDER DECLARING EVERYONE CAN DO PARKOUR!
Happy April Fools! But seriously, everyone CAN do parkour, including President Trump! Join us this week, April 5th at one or all of our Parkour-A-Thon “Spring2Action” Events: PK Silver, Ninja Story Time, Open House/Demo/Mini-Lessons!
Please join us TOMORROW, Friday, March 31st, 6-9pm at Flight! Present this flyer as you purchase your ticket and 30% of the proceeds will go to the pop up playground! Many thanks!
Jean Lam is teaching a 6-week fitness fundraiser. Though she has marketed this towards skiers and snowboarders, it will be a full body workout, with a little more emphasis on lower body and cardio. More info below:
What: “Get Ready for Ski Season” fitness fundraiser
Who: everyone, all levels of fitness
Where: Monarca in Flight, 3431-F Carlin Springs Rd, Falls Church (near the REI in Falls Church, to the left of the buildings is a child care facility and the studio is around the corner next to a fencing place
When: Every Saturday starting Oct. 15, 10:00-11:00 for six weeks
Cost: $10 per class or $50 for whole session. Benefits BRASS and PK Move, both 501(c)3 working with special populations.
How: Just come to class on October 15!
Thank You Thank You Thank You! We cannot give enough thanks to everyone who made our PK Move Kick Off Party a success. (Click here to see the photographic evidence that good times were had!) We will let you know the final amount as soon as it’s tallied, but we believe we have raised enough to cover our insurance costs! Thank you to everyone who came or donated to support our mission of sharing the transformative power of parkour with special populations right here in Alexandria. We are especially grateful to our generous sponsors and donors:
Also, lots of stuff is happening:
- Tuesday, August 30th, the PK Silver “Hume Springs” class will meet in the Duncan Library at 10am
- Wednesday, August 31st, the PK Silver “Ft Ward” class will meet at Ft. Ward at 10am as usual.
- Thursday, September 1st, 6pm-until it gets dark, PK Move will be back at St. Elmo’s for Del Ray’s First Thursday! We will have a demo, some challenges for you to try, and lots of info to hand out. Please stop by and see us! (I heard St. Elmo’s is going to put some tasty, healthy smoothies on their menu too.)
- In the words of the late, great David Bowie: “Ch-ch-ch-changes!” Beginning in September, the Hume Spring Class is moving to Monday! However, NO CLASS on Labor Day, September 5th. Our first Monday class will be September 12th at 10am and we will return to Hume Springs Park.