Many thanks to all who helped make 2017 a great year for PK Move!
- PK Silver Classes and special events serving over 100 senior citizens : increase strength in body and mind, prevent falls, build community and creativity
- PK School classes for 60 school children: according to studies, learning through or after physical activity increases the students’ ability to process and retain new material, to focus, and to reduces stress. Our classes are specifically designed for your students’ needs by coaches with experience in Education.
- PK Move’s Pop-Up Parkour Playground serving the ENTIRE City of Alexandria (155,000+ people): Free-to-the-Public Parkour and Movement Lessons offered in partnership with Alexandria RPCA! This innovative program was established by the people and for the people!
- PK Survivor: Supporting the National Breast Center Foundation’s “Walk to Bust Cancer” (for 300+) to raise $40,000 for the prevention and treatment of breast cancer in under-insured women. Our intergenerational program for cancer survivors and their families/friends was approved by INOVA Hospital System’s “Life with Cancer” fitness provider list.
- And MORE
Join us as we build on these successes in 2018:
– Register for a class
– Become a PK Move Coach or Sponsor
– Inquire about a demo or class for your group today!
Many thanks to our generous sponsor, St. Elmo’s Coffee Pub, for their support of PK Move and especially the Pop-Up. We will be outside St. Elmo’s on June 2nd for Health and Wellness First Thursday! Please stop by and try the mini obstacle course challenge and learn more about our programs.
PK Move got a mention on ESPN Radio! During an interview by LaFern Cusack, WFPF co-Founder David Thompson spoke about PK Silver, our parkour program for older adults. (at 49.30 minutes) Thank you David and good luck with upcoming WFPF Parkour “Jump Off” Championship 2017, Mandalay Bay coming up April 7-9, 2017!!
PK Silver participant Priscilla is sharing the #parkourlove with us today! She really enjoys being outside and the social aspect of our parkour community. She notes that she had trouble with her ankles, but now “can do anything with them!” Please try our class if you are 50+ – no upper age limit as long as your doctor approves. This video is from our FREE PK Silver class which is operated in partnership with Recreation, Parks & Cultural Activities, City of Alexandria, VA Check our website for more info or to register. You may also contact us to arrange a free trial class for your group!
PK Move coaches recently upped the ante with their coaching credentials! Here are Vic, Rosy, Kyle and Nancy with World Freerunning and Parkour Federation master coach Robbie Corbett and our hosts at East Coast Gymnastics!