Many thanks to the Zebra Press for mentioning PK Silver in their senior living section! PK Silver is our parkour class for folks over 50. Join us on Monday, 10-11am at Hume Spring Park and Wednesday, 10-11am at Fort Ward Park Amphitheater. Please visit our website www.pkmove.org for exact calendar, more info or to register.
Beginning December 7, we will have only one PK Silver class per week. This class will meet on Wednesdays, 10am at Monarca in Flight, 3431-F Carlin Springs Rd, Falls Church. (Near REI & UltraZone, but around back/side of building.)
Many thanks to Aco and Monarca in Flight, a beautiful, new aerials studio in Northern Virginia, for being a PK Move sponsor and generously hosting us. Check out Monarca’s class offerings.
PK Silver is our parkour class for people over 50. Today’s obstacle course included pumpkins, witch brooms, low tic tacs, a modified Italian Job, climbing up the cargo netting like a spider, and creepy catch falls among other SCARY things!
With rain currently falling and the forecast calling for increasing precipitation through the morning, PK Silver is cancelled today, Wednesday, September 28th. Please join us for PK Silver next week:
- Oct. 3rd at 10am at Hume Springs Park
- Oct. 5th at 10am at the Ft. Ward Amphitheater
We have been looking for an indoor space for winter as well as these rainy day situations. An announcement will be coming soon on that front!
PK Silver is a parkour class for seniors 50+ ! Come join us to move and play outside!
Tuesday, 10-11am, Hume Springs Park, 100 Dale St, 22305
Wednesday, 10-11am, Ft. Ward Park Amphitheater, 4301 W. Braddock Road, 22304
For more information or to register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to:
- wear comfortable clothes (appropriate for the weather)
- wear closed athletic shoes, like sneakers (no sandals, crocs, mules, etc)
- bring a water bottle (both parks have water fountains, but just in case)
- bring an old towel or yoga mat if you don’t like to sit directly on the grass
- apply sun screen if needed
- be ready to move and have fun!
Photo: Mark Albert C. Altabano